Friday, July 9, 2010

Healthy Eating

Baby eating baby food (blended green beans)Image via Wikipedia
Love for the environment can be shown in a lot of ways. One can opt to plant trees to replace those that were burned or used in logging operations. One could also go the way of conservation of our natural resources like water. Or one could practice eating healthy food.

Eating healthy could either mean eating food that are fresh, fibrous and rich in vitamins and minerals. It can also mean eating fruits, vegetables, fowl and pigs which were organically grown.

When I was a young mother, I refrained from buying processed baby food and fed my babies with my own milk. I prepared and cooked everyday my children's lunch. When they entered school, they had cookies that I baked. Oh don't get me wrong, my children had their share of tocino, hamburger, longganisa. I didn't buy these things from the supermarket though but made them myself. I spent time and money studying how to make these delicacies so as not to deprive them what other children are enjoying. I rest in the knowledge that what they have eaten are free from preservatives.

At present, I am still finding ways of serving them healthy food.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment