Monday, August 9, 2010

An Afternoon with Aileen

Last week, I had the privilege of meeting with Aileen Apolo, Philippine Country Consultant of Google, Inc.  I picked her as my mentor for the Integrated Marketing Campaign (IMC) that I will be submitting for the Digital Marketing Diploma Program. Between sips of my coffee and Aileen's green tea, we were able to plan a strategy for my IMC plan.  The meeting was not your usual stiff exchange of ideas but rather a casual tete a tete. 


Making an IMC plan doesn’t necessarily mean that all offline and online channels should be used.  Just choose the channels that are relevant to the brand.  Another revelation is that an IMC or any marketing campaign is only for the big brands.  Aileen explained to me that there are ways or channels that are affordable to SMEs.  Do you know that you can run paid ads in Google for as low as P50 a day?  That you can do directory advertising for free?  Why pay when you can have it for free though there are advantages if you pay. 
On a lighter note, Aileen and I share one common passion. We both love to blog.  She found her calling, her love for writing, when she was only 8 years old.  At that age I buried myself in reading books that girls older than me by 5 to 10 years would usually read.  I was ahead of my time in terms of my reading materials.  I started my love affair with blogging in 2008 but I only took it seriously this year.  Nowadays, I don’t find it hard for things to write for my blog.  It is a challenge though putting all those ideas in my blogs as I attend to family, business and school as well. 


http://www.the-friendship-cafe.com/images/Friends_Having_Coffee_B.jpg

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment